2017 Butte County Fair Livestock Dates, Deadlines and Important Changes
Changes for 2017 Livestock
- Bred and Owned classes for all species are eliminated.
- We will now have a market turkey show, the show will be limited to the first 10 entries.
- There will be a one year suspension from exhibiting any animal for removing breeding animals early from the Fairgrounds before the release time. The release time for all breeding is Sunday 7pm.
- Poultry showmanship will be separated by 4-H and FFA. The market show will remain combined.
- Open breeding cattle divisions will now be British, Continental and Unregistered.
Dates and Deadlines
|March 27th: Market Steer entries open|
|April 24th: Market Steer entries close – Entries will close before date if entry limit is reached|
- May 1st: Market Goats entries open
- June 23rd: Market Goats entries close – Entries will close before date if entry limit is reached
- May 1st: Market Hogs entries open
- June 23rd: Market Hogs entries close – Entries will close before date if entry limit is reached
- May 1st: Market Lambs entries open
- June 23rd: Market Lambs entries close – Entries will close before date if entry limit is reached
- May 1st: Market Turkey’s entries open
- July 10th: Market Turkey’s entries close – Entries will close before date if entry limit is reached
- May 1st: Rabbit Meat Pens entries open
- July 24th: Rabbit Meat Pen entries close – Entries will close before date if entry limit is reached
- May 1st: Poultry Meat Pens entries open
- July 24th: Poultry Meat Pen entries close – Entries will close before date if entry limit is reached
- June 15th: All breeding animals including ARBA entries open
- July 24th: All breeding animals and ARBA entries close
If you have any questions please contact Kathy Ingvoldsen at Kathy@buttecountyfair.org
Youth from all over the county prepare for months in advance to exhibit animals at the Butte County Fair. We feel this is one of our most rewarding attractions during fair week. Youth can enter breeding and market of either species: Beef Cattle, Dairy Cattle, Sheep, Hogs, Meat Goats, Dairy Goats, Rabbits or Poultry during the week of August 24-28th in hopes to be named Grand Champion of their respected species. Our 4-H and FFA exhibitors pride themselves on animal welfare, providing the best life for their animal as well as the greatest end product for the consumer. Not only are the animals evaluated but the exhibitors compete in a division where their personal showmanship skills are tested.
Junior Livestock Auction
2016 Buyers List
Buyer Registration Form
On Saturday, August 27 at 10am the Junior Livestock Auction is held in the McClanahan Pavilion. This is open to everyone! To register as a Buyer, forms are now available in the main office and on sale day morning starting at 8am. This is a terminal sale, but Buyers are given the option to either process or resale the animal they've purchased. Resale prices will be available the week of the fair. Buyers are crucial for the success of the Junior Livestock Auction. With the support of Buyers, all of the exhibitors hard work pays off if they can make enough money after its all said and done. For most exhibitors, the money earned from selling their market animal is saved into a college fund or to help support them with their next project. Please take the time to come support our youth by purchasing or bump-bidding their animal at this years sale!